Thanks CJ, I hope I can make it another year. Who knows maybe I can get another forage species in there, I'm hearing a lot about the lake chubsucker being a super food for bass but nobody really mentioned them for SMB.

I just got through reading Bill Cody's great five part installment of SMB management on bass resource. It was extremely informative and much appreciated, thanks Bill. Anyway, I have a few more ideas, including adding at least a few half log structures to my SMB beds. Those percentages were huge! Nesting success up 137 to 287 percent, the number of nests being used up 183 to 443 percent and production of juveniles increased from 607 to 3844 percent, wow! Now that's a lot of bang for your buck. I was also thinking that I'll add YP the following fall with my test RBT after I introduce my similarly sized (probably 2-3")SMB in the spring, just to give the smallies a head start.

I've seen a few NRBD around and bought myself a cheap minnow trap, but in my small lake I don't think it's going to be very efficient, it has produced plenty of crayfish from nearby streams though.