I'm wanting to build a pond bout .5 - 1.5 acre & I've never done anything like this before so I wanta make sure I do it right.

I'm wanting to put it in an old tobacco field beside the house. I dug a mudhole to run my 4 wheelers through back in March but I found clay at 2 feet deep. I went ahead to 4+ feet deep with it but that clay is some sticky stuff! Anyway, the hole holds water really well! It's now bout 8 ft. wide by 40' long & FULL!

I'm thinkin it'll be about 100' x 100' +/-, square, round, egg shaped.......what do y'all think? I just want it for fishin or maybe a dip once in awhile. Would like bass, brim & cats.

The land slopes prolly 12" every 8 ft. so I reckon I'll need a damn built UP about 8-10 foot on the bottom end. That'll put me at about 10 - 12 ft. deep there & maybe dig it bout 5 ft. at the other end.
It runs along side of a creek which will be below the damn. There's not alot of water in the creek though so unless I hit an underground spring it'll have to be surface feed....is that right?

Anyway, that's about the jest of it. Here is a pic of the location I'm thinkin about.

Thanks y'all!