BBJR

Thank you for the reply. I think you can manage those LMB if you work at it - and that's a fun job!

SMB spawning on the sand is great information for the forum as most of us feel rock beds are necessary. I wish you had managed some photos for us - this is a great insight.

My YP also hug the bottom during daytime conditions. Moistening pellets may be something you can try as they slowly sink and might be more readily targeted by the YP? Otherwise, let us know about switching to dusk feedings. I know my YP are feeding when I see a figure 8 pattern of ripples when they take [ala Condello].

I too have riprarian conditions all around my ponds, I simply didn't know to employ that term to describe it. Thank you! Sure is easy to manage [ie: no mowing], but I am keeping all my cottonwoods pulled [when I can] or I spray them when their tap root is too established. Talk about a PITA...not an easy chore - but water is a commodity in my area and cottonwoods are notoriously thirsty - so I have no choice. I may allow a couple to take off and provide some much needed shade, however.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]