Thanks, Greg. I'm hoping it starts working as well. I'm going to try to get out there this afternoon and see if anything is different. As I mentioned last night, it did seem to kill the American PW almost immediately, where it did not have any effect on it before. So, I'm hoping the higher concentration of chemicals is going to be effective this time. I'm resigned to the reality that it may require me killing the plants I'm not necessarily targeting in order to kill the WM, and if that's what it takes, then I'm okay with it. I just need to get the WM under control so I get to the point that I can just spot treat.

I've actually warmed a lot to the idea of gradually killing off all the growth in there right now and then planting desirable plants that will help use up nutrients. I'm intrigued by the water hyacinth that I've read about in some other posts, as well as lillies. I just want to make sure that if I go this route, I get some good plants are are early emergers so they start using up nutrients before the FA can really try to take off.

My suspicion is that a lot of my nutrient load comes from the numerous Canada Geese that call this pond home at least part of the time. A few times since last August I've seen a flock of probably close to 200 swimming in my little 1/2 acre pond and when I think of as much as 4 pounds of poop from each one of them per day mixing into my water, my blood boils. So far, shooting the water near them has made the place seem pretty inhospitable, and I intend to continue being a jerk towards them!

Todd La Neve

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]
Click Here to Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

1.5 & .5 ac ponds - LMB, BG, RES, YP, GC, HSB