PF, Greg, and Scott, thanks for the clarifications here. I see where both of you pond pros are coming from in your approaches and see the value in each.

In my case, while I don't live at the farm, I am there regularly as it's pretty close to my home. I don't mind going out regularly and continuing to apply the treatments. However, I want to start making a dent in this stuff so that I can enjoy the pond again before late fall gets here!

The local stores had only Weedtrine D, so I went with that. TSC was out of its normal surfactant, but I found a product at Southern States (Adjuvant) that I picked up. I'm heading out there in just a bit and will mix up the cocktail as you guys have suggested, going with a middle ground so that I see some results by the next time I check the pond on Monday or Tuesday.

Scott, thanks for that info on overspray. I'll definitely keep that in mind!

PF, I kind of like the idea of wiping out all the plants and then replanting something I want, but I'm probably not quite ready to go that route just from a time and resource standpoint. I love the idea of some of the things I've been reading here on the forum such as the water hyacinth, lillies, and the like. It would be awesome to have attractive and desirable vegetation that didn't fall under the term "weeds" out there!

In any event, I'll document this process with pics so others can see whatever the impact ends up being.

Guys, again, thanks for all your input on this. I reiterate the phenomenal value that is represented by this forum and its members. Y'all are the best!

Todd La Neve

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]
Click Here to Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

1.5 & .5 ac ponds - LMB, BG, RES, YP, GC, HSB