Todd, you will not kill the plants on the other side of the pond for sure, in the immediate area probably not either. Diquat is a contact herbicide so it has to be fairly concentrated to kill the plant. If the sago is directly under the watermeal might kill it but several feet away not concentrated enough with water dilution.

The higher amount is not going to kill the plants unless around, use the lowest amount I recommend and see below. Good luck my man. Watermeal is my biggest fear for clients.

PF, we disagree on app for sure. As you state what is your time worth. You are putting the same amount of actually product if you spray more of less concentrate. I’m within the manufacture recommendations. Also if we are being paid quite well for application I want to make an impact and not have to come back out on their dime to treat again. I hope you see my thinking. In the case of Todd we agree diquat and multiple treatments way to go since saving plants. However he also is clear he does not live there so I want him to get more bang for his time. Still cost is minimal even if going with the high rate of application.

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com