man yall are quick.

Todd, 2 things I need to clarify.
1. weedtrine is not reward it is a much weaker version of diquat.
We sell reward or redwing same thing different maker- both 37.3% Diquat dibromide. This link even has app rates. http://lakework.com/cart/index.php?p=product&id=123&parent=1
wedtrine - 8.5% diquat- so you’re buying water and would have to mix at much higher rate. If you get it I say add 13-26 ozs/gal (see below) to get eh same diquat concentration. I understand if you buy it local to get started no biggie but usually it ends up costing much more. Plus long shelf life and it is great to burn down most any plants around the property.
2. the rates. I use the label for overall amount of product dispersed 1-2 gals/weeded acre but what does that mean? When watermeal is finely spread over the pond it can be an acre, etc. I have used the method I describe for years and with our crew it is used pretty much daily. Just yesterday Mike treated a pond that I wished he choose flouridone but at 8 acre could not afford. Mike said before leaving the lake much of the watermeal was turning white.
The ratio in our low alkalinity water is 3-6 ozs/reward per gallon a good mist will kill anything it touches, watermeal or submersed grass below the surface is still concentrated.
At 1/2 ozs/gal you are spending less than $1 sounds great but tons of work and for resistant watermeal does not work well especially with watermeal blown and stacked up. Go with 3-6 ozs/gal still not much money and your time is worth money. I gotta talk guys down all the time from wanting to use much more than this that too is not necessary. Get my point you can spray and spray and spray at ½ oz if you want but a god mist with 3-6 will kill more easily. You’re not going to get it all in one spray anyways. Spray again in a day or so as you see some green while other is white.

I’m just saying I have eradicated watermeal many times with repeat applications but with the se methods not the lesser amount and yes PF good call a good surfactant is well worth adding to the mix at 1 ozs/gal. I cocktail copper all the time but that is to kill algae on the surface of submersed grass like sago with watermeal is does not serve a purpose.

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com