Wow, thanks for all of the welcomes to the forum and great advice.

I have been dreaming about this "pond" for years and always assumed it would be teeming with largemouth bass and bluegills.

I stocked the trout as sort of a novelty/experiment. I figured there was flowing water so maybe they would do OK. As I have lived with this pond for about a year now, I interact with the Rainbows (feeding) twice each day. They are the only fish that have been caught or even fished for in the pond. They are the most fun to watch when you can get a glimpse of them cruising around during non feeding times. They are growing beyond my wildest expectations. Dinner and house guests go crazy when I say it is time to feed the fish and they watch the water erupt with huge fish jumping and splashing. The 6-8 inch trout are cheap to stock. Cecil's response makes me think that this is where I should have focused my attention. Maybe I screwed it up by adding the Bass and BG?

I don't think the pond is too cool to support bass and bluegills. The pond has two deep sections, one on each side of the island. Only the side closest to my house benefits from the cold flowing well, creek entry and water overflow. That is where I feed the trout. However, I am planning to take water temperatures around the pond later in the summer, to try to figure out what is really going on.

Cecil, when you said holdover trout, did you mean that it was unusual that they could survive the winter or the dog days of summer in a small pond? I am just curious about which is more difficult.

CJSB, thanks for all of your input. You have convinced me that at least a few of the 12-14 inch Bass I put in have survived and they probably really enjoyed this year's 6-8 inch trout. I have seen very little sign of the small trout over the past two weeks.

Adirondack, I had never heard of Tiger Trout. Intriguing, but my local trout farm (Harrietta Hills) does not carry them. I would definitely throw some of those in my pond if I could find them. Maybe, I should stock some more brown trout, but the larger ones are more spendy.

Here are some pictures.