I think this is a werry interesting subject not about lawyers they are good and bad people like any other kind of people.

The interesting part is what do I have to think about when tax money is spent on my privat pond/marsh/forest or land in general.

All over the western world (America, Europe and Down under) we live in democratic countrys, that will fullfil the UN (United Nations)
ruling on human rights.
Right to clean water is wery high on this list, to avoid wars.
We have seen it lately new clean water acts or directives all over.
To acomplish or achive the goals set, there is an will be spent a tremendous amount of money, to clean up public and privat waterways, ponds lakes.......... (law/rules are the same).
The gowernments (poiticians) can either force upon us (privat) or tempt us to do it woulenterlie by throwing tax-money at us
(the generale aproache is to compensate all over the western world but at some point any governemente will enforce to achive)

So my point getting public funding diferentiate in Norway, Canada, US, Australia..........,
We (privat pond owners) have something in comon, there is going to be a set off rules to reelease tax funding
Maybe loss of exsclusive rights maybe not? Differente or variations of such will be woorked out along the way.
It's good for me if the creeck, or watershed upstream gets cleaned up, so I don't have a constant uphill battle on my down stream property, seems unfair dough that my neighbor get my tax money to clean up his own sh..t or dump........... wilst I that have spent all my time an substantiall amounts off money on the watershed allways...........?

I do embrace the water directive also the biodiversety directive both are good for the natur I love, but there is a catch.
I'm werry werry sceptical to the way politicians/teknokrates spend money (on behalf of us all).
I would like to be on the receving end, it would shurely axcselerate my goals(on my private property).
BUT I am insecure about the future what is it that I don't know?
What should I think about?
This can be a win win situation, but I'm sitting on the fence scrathcing my head.

Please start discusing/thinking out loud, how you all Pondmeisters think about what sort of bonds should be applied to recive taxfunding on the private water.
The law makers met, discuss and glance/learn from each other all across the world, and ewry so often adopt each others way.
To me this is not politics its a new tool available but do I deare use it?
How can I(WE) set the rules on this or at least influence on the matter?

PAUL