BC:

Good advice. You noted
 Quote:
This 2006 bass hatch if not too crowded will have a long growing season and grow fast (9"-12") to probably spawn in spring of 2007.
I was happily surprised this year to see my first Bass spawn outgrow the original stockers over an equivalent timeframe. From May - Oct 2003 my original LMB stock went from 3"-4" to a max of 8". In contrast, the largest 2005 YOY LMB went from zero to a max of 7.5" by last month.

Would the explanation for this excellent first spawn growth be the extremely numerous forage fish in every assorted small size they need to eat vs. the more limited forage fish size & number availability in a newer pond? I assume the first LMB spawn may also do better than subsequent years due to lower numbers of spawning bass resulting in lower numbers of LMB fry, in addition to no competition from other year classes.

Beech5:

Please post pictures of your brim as Bill noted if possible. We love to play "ID that fish" here and it is usually a learning experience for many of us.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]