OK, I'll get in touch with SDSU and tell them my story! My initial reasons for the pond were to have a few fish to catch, a place for the wood ducks to seek refuge, and to take an occasional dip. But after watching the LOML plant flowers and such it's just kinda nice to see the amazing transformation that has been ongoing! I bet we wander "back there" 5-10 times a day. We watch the minnows (still don't know how they got there but they're numerous), turtles, frogs and scare up a goose or duck pair. It's just FUN! No livestock has access to the water it's just for US! With those observations I will let the collective wisdom of this board guide me with any further items that may need doing.

Yes, that is a "big hoe", it has a 2 yard bucket with a 60' reach. He came and excavated it in a couple of days and then brought in a D6? Cat to push the dirt around but, I still had to rent a skidsteer to do the "finishing touches" as the Cat left MAJOR tracks! So far I have about $6000 into this project and hopefully we're finished!!??

Bruce