I skimmed through the so called balanced paper. It pretty much says what I said. People have genrally lost faith in what they are being told and sold. Organic produce sales are increasing 20% annually. #1 reason: poeple are afraid of pesticide and herbicide residue. I wonder why? It also concludes that organic produce contains less of those residues. But over all the produce tested, alot was still there, because the contamination is so pervasive. Thanks for the link. I missed the part about inorganic produce was safer.

The government is taking away everything. Even my ability to plant ponds. Private property owner's ability to plant thier own ponds. My cusotmers generally want to do thier own deal, want the government to leave them alone and don't want herbicides and pesticides. I'm with them.

Real life example, tomorrow I need to knock down or eradicate cottonwood and willows. I could spray the crap out of them and get chemicals everywhere. I prefer to chainsaw them down to the lowest trunk possible. Then get some triclopyr and paint it on the stumps. Am I using a chemical herbicide? Yes. But I am trying to minimize the footprint I leave. I am not some homeowner DIY spraying whatever I get at the local Home Depot on anything and everything. I am a professional that must make decisions daily, and also meet my customer desires. The very large majority are no chemicals, no herbicides, no pesticides. For the same reason your link said, people have lost thier trust.

Last edited by The Pond Frog; 06/04/10 02:48 PM.