Greg, I know little or nothing of various brands. I only know of the performance of the various components. If Costa (whatever that is) works best for you, then the cost is immaterial. My point is that performance is not necessarily related to price alone, and that relates to your statement that Maui Jim didn't perform as well as Costa; my assumption being that the Maui Jim brand is more expensive than the Costa brand. Some would be of the opinion that welders' goggles best suit their needs. If everyone were given the opportunity to use Costa sunglasses, there well might be no other sunglasses on the market, but seeing the vast variety of sunglasses available and knowing of no one claiming visual impairment related to their use, I feel confident in believing that many would disagree with both of us. Perhaps wally will find a way to make their lenses scratch resistant, then our opinions will be moot since the Bill Dance sunglasses are inexpensive, practically disposable and performed almost as well as Costa, and that relates favorably to my monologue.