SUH-WEET Surrender! Music to my ears, compadre - glad you're finally seeing the light! wink

1. Bill Cody's research/articles and Aaron Matos' real life experience have gone a long way to dispelling the myth regarding SMB intolerance for warm water. Aaron lives in the AZ desert which gets even hotter than NE and AR - but his water quality is top notch. My question is, do you aerate? That might be a critical factor to consider. But, my take is, yes - absolutely worth a test.

2. No - LMB will dominate and take over the prime feeding zones. Also, SMB population will eventually be extirpated as the LMB also take the prime spawning spots and aggressively prey on SMB YOY. However, you can establish a population with periodical supplemental stockings. Not a big deal - you could even collect 10-12" adults from local streams/rivers as I believe they're native to AR - right?

I see no reason not to at least test by adding some SMB if you're so inclined. The SMB may relate to different structure than the bass [think deep rock piles] and will add a cool dimension to your fishery. Would I go and spend $1000 on SMB fingerlings when you have questions regarding water temps and the fact most of them would serve as an expensive snack for your LMB? NO. But, adding some adult SMB you collect from local sources would be a great experiment and would provide valuable research for all of us interested in introducing an additional predator to the pond.

So - do you have a source for adults you can collect?

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]