I've been reading everything I can on FHM and gambusa minnows, both of which I have in my pond. I want to set up an area in my barn for a tank for nothing but growing gambusa minnows. It's interesting to note that while there has been much debate about how to set up FHM's so they can spawn but no where near the same for the gambusa. Is it because its the same for both? If the gambusa is so much better at surviving in a lmb pond, why has there not been the same amount of threads with associated data for them? Am I missing something crucial? Where can I find data related to building a small fishery geared towards supplying my pond? Im not thinking big time, just something extra for my fish without having to pay $16.00 a pound for them in town. I know I dont have to do this and could just use the feeder to make up the difference. I already feed, and will continue to do so even if i get this idea off the ground. I want to do this so I can learn and most of all try to get my kids more interested in biology involved with a pond. I feel pretty confident that I could do this for a small amount of money. If it pays off and the kids decide to follow a path similar in higher education then its money well spent. I dont want my kids to do this because I want it, I want them to see that there is so much more out there than just what they learn in school. If it inspires them at all then I have accomplished my goal.

I subscribe!