I assume my uncles pond just had a winter kill. It was stocked in the early 1980s by my cousin and me and this was the first fish kill that I know of. It is booming now. The scary thing is we went from LMB and bluegill to my "experiment" with LMB, bluegill and some green sunfish because they are pretty and fight well and also some pumpkinseed sunfish because they are very pretty. I also have been trying to add some chain pickerel to help add another predator but I never see them again probably due to lack of plant cover for them to hide in. I also put some mosquito fish in but they don;t last long due to lack of cover. The biggest issue we have is geese eating everything. No vegetation to provide cover due to geese and also red clay soil with low hardness/alkalinity water that I assume prevents the lily pads from growing (I have tried many times to add lillies and other plants even after liming and fertilizer to no avail - they last a few months and either die or get eaten - can't tell for sure as I only get down there 2-3 times per year). Other than that, there are plenty of fish and it seems healthy. The kids love it but not as much as me.