Well I did the dye deal yesterday with the Ecoshade. It is normally what I use for smaller applications anyway. I rigged up or invented this delivery system. Worked even better than anticipated. I got a 10 ft section of PVC. 1 1/4" schd 40. Inside of that I put a 10 ft section of steel pipe. It then had zero flex. It is my out rigger, and goes in my oar locks. I filed the PVC down both top and bottom at the oar locks so it would fit tight. It locks in place, no twist or lateral movement. Then I bored out my oak lock retaining pin holes and put in some ball locks pins to lock it down. On the rig I notched a couple of places about half way out from the end caps and the boat. This is for my bleed buckets. Each one has a different amount and different size holes. These are labeled also. I removed the plastic handles, bored them out and put medium thickness, 12" length bungee cords. I use the same buckets to pour mixed dye into them because they have a nice pour spout and internal measurement scale.

I then mixed 6/1 using clean pond water. Poured that into the already in place bucket on the outrigger and away I went. Around the edges of the pond. Since this is my first trip I went ultra slow with a 2 - 1/16 hole bleeder. Just worked like a champ. Two little trails dribbling a couple of inches above the water. Could easily see them what by boat seat and putt putted along in super slow around the pond edges. Round and round I went, only using one bucket. Apllied one gallon of dye.Without the ball locks pins holding the outrigger down and in I could not use just one bucket. One of the most picturesque ponds I have ever worked. Photos not downloaded onto puter yet, busy as hell. Most assuredly meets the Frog never seen two ponds alike. The fish population was a can't judge a book by it's cover. Pretty good time, super nice customer lady.

No smurf, actually no dye on me at all. Pretty clean method of applying.

Last edited by The Pond Frog; 04/07/10 09:22 AM.