Ed,

By "bonefishing" I meant stalking them and casting a small fly to them just like bonefishing, i.e. sight fishing.

Brian,

I initially stocked 20 pounds on April 1 of this year spread among three ponds. All the ponds now have numerous Tilapia in them now. I caught over 30 pounds worth from one pond alone...a pond that has artificial feeders on it. Considering that the initial stocking was probably only about 5 to 7 pounds of fish, the return is tremendous.

As I mentioned, I am really concerned now about a massive fish kill when the water temperature falls to the magic 50 degree mark. I have absolutely no idea how many of these fish I have in these ponds, but the indications are that the 30 pounds I took out didn't even scratch the surface.

I'll post more on this after the next weekend and will, especially if there is any interest here, post a summary of what happens when we hit 50 degrees.

Its too early to call this a success, but I'm completely thrilled with how it has turned out so far. These are just great fighting fish on light tackle and they clean up your pond like a janitor.