I just got my new TH feeder up and running. It is the smaller capacity of the 2 otherwise similar units. A couple of thoughts after giving it the engineer's going over. It is a very well made, brute of a machine. A couple of problems jumped out at me. I know the bottom is filled with drain holes, but come on, put a thin gasket on the access panel and swing out door that holds the timer and battery. Water will surely run down and drip on timer and battery. I will put on a gasket. I dont want to have to for $649 plus shipping, but I know what a little leak can do.
I really thought that the dispensing of the pellets was done by air chamber and blower fins never touching the pellets. I dont know why; it just seemed logical with such a large blower. Would really make it 1st class. As it is, it really spanks the heck out of the feed. I just got 42% pellets that were just made 3 days ago. I noticed fines coming out with the feed. I have never seen many fines in this feed. I determined that it is due to the beating they take from the blower. This could be fine(good) if you are interested in feeding tiny BG, but I just want them to get eaten up and not grow; I already have plenty of big ones. Just some thoughts I wanted to throw in. As I say, nice, well built machine, but I would have some changes made.

No book, but easy to figure out operation.

Last edited by burgermeister; 03/28/10 07:25 PM.