Originally Posted By: The Pond Frog
What I can do with Jeff's is take some of mine, that appear to have crowns and relocate them when they are dormant on a drawdown.

Originally Posted By: esshup
PF, I was thinking of JHAP's pond (like mine) with the severe water depth fluctuation.

I'd love to experiment with water lilies at our pond. We do have severe water depth fluctuation, in a "normal" year a 5 to 6 feet vertical drop is not unusual. Drought years are more like 7 to 8 feet. I had read quite a bit about water lilies and thought that I would have to plant them in a container and then move the container along with the drop in water level - that would just add one more thing to the "ranch to do list" - heck I can't get half the things done that I want to do on a regular basis as it is.

But I'm up for any experiment.

I haven't had a chance to read Bill Cody's article on Water Lilies in this issue of PB magazine - we just got our magazine yesterday. Ricki got all excited when she opened the magazine and saw Bill's article - guess I'm gonna have to wait until she's done reading the magazine before I can get my paws on it.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)