we went to the mississippi, i snagged a carp, it was all good, decided to move to the pond by my house

and when getting out of the 'ol station wagon, my dumb-insert expletive here- friend jon whipped the rod out of the back of the wagon with my head right next to it (don't know why he didn't set the hook into the eyelet, or why it would have come loose if he had..), and snagged my ear. biggest catch of the day? 230 lb irishman.

Yeah, now i see why i should have changed those hooks to barbless....it didn't go all the way through, just hooked in the meat, so they had to cut the trebble hook and push it through the other side. You know what's not fun? having a pair of pliers shoved into a gaping hole in your ear to "fish" out (haha...zing) a piece of a hook and push it through the other side.

Apparently there are some nasty things in the Muddy, cuz when the doctor found out where the lure had been he gave me a whole slew of shots and a giant bottle of horse pills, with the line..
"you have to take these pills because your ear is too close to your head, which is not something we can amputate."

Trying to help with 7.5 Acres in the Chain of Lakes Illinois
- -
The fish would stay out of trouble if it could just keep its fool mouth shut.
Turns out there is a lot I should be learning from the fish.