Yo Josh

PS max out at 8" and IIRC have high fecundity more similar to a BG - so overpopulation/stunting may be an issue like with BG. RES are the suggested sunfish via Dave Willis because of their lower fecundity...fewer numbers for the predators/Milczski family to manage.

If you are really serious about giving the SMB, YP, RES, HSB, M BG a try I can help stock the following this Spring/early Summer:

YP: I think I'm going to pull off a spawn this year as I caught a ton of gravid females through the ice this year and have plenty of sticky structure in my creek arms. I should be able to seine these out at some point this Summer/Fall - no way I'm going to need them all. Or, Rob at NE lake management sells them at a fair price.

HSB: Bruce raises these every year and always is left with several dozen...or, I'll have about 50 I need to remove from my pond in Autumn and they should be around 12" or so, maybe a little large to stock in your pond just yet, though.

RES: We can catch as many as you want from W NE and right before we are to fillet them accidently dump the bucket into your pond! D'OH - clumsy TJ!

BG: I have CSBG and we can fish or trap/seine all the Males you want.

SMB: If all goes well I should have 3-4" in the repro pond this Autumn - would be a good time to stock them, too.

GSH: Anderson's sells 250M fry for $275. In an pond devoid of a fish population it's a good gamble IMO.

FHM: 5-10# from Orschleins Fish Days from Arkansas Pond Stockers [be sure to hand sort!] would do the trick - I used them last year and was satisfied by only finding one CNBG in the bunch. Rob at NE Lake Management will also sell them in mid April for $35/1000.

PK Shrimp: Come over and let's net some this Spring. I hope to have plenty - I stocked around 4M last year, I should at that rate! Getting them in early should help establish a strong presence for your fish later on.

I can't wait for this to get rolling...seems like 5 years ago I visited your place.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]