DIED and DWIED went over to my place yesterday and here is a portion of an email that he sent me yesterday describing the fishing:

I rigged DWIED up with a floating broken back rapala, I gave my brother a chartreuse rooster tail, and I rigged up one of Condello’s jigs with a Berkley gulp minnow. Figured water was too cold down by the dam so we walked up to the upper end where it was warmer and might contain some active fish. On my second cast working the jig along the bottom I thought I hooked a large weed bed, then I felt a headshake, so I thought I had a decent bass on, but it didn’t fight like a bass at all. I was kind of stumped….turns out one of your large bullheads was hungry for a minnow. He put up a nice fight, though I didn’t want to completely tire him out, so half horsed him in, kept him in the water, unhooked him, and away he went. He was one of the largest bullheads I’ve ever seen, around 14 to 16 –inches and a couple pounds, maybe 2 to 3. His head was half again as big as my fist. it did not resemble yer old ancient bullheads, but a younger one that has established himself and grown to good size, beautiful condition and coppery skin colors, very strong and spunky.

My brother was not catching anything. DWIED stayed on the upper southwest shore, while my brother and I moved around the upper end of pond to the other side. As soon as I got over there DWIED was yelling over at me “how will I get this fish off the hook?”….LOL….so back around the pond I go to help her, she had no clue what she had, she thought it was another catfish. As I came around the corner and got up to her, I looked down and she had a FAT healthy bass on the rapala all covered with pond weeds….i think it was a fat female w/ eggs, I gingerly lipped her, got her unhooked, studied her body for a minute, then back in the drink she went full of attitude ready to fight another day. She was short but STOUT and STRONG. I didn’t have my tape or boga, but estimated her at around 15-16-inches and close to 3 pounds. So in the 30-45 minutes of trying, we caught two fish, a bullhead and a nice bass.

Pretty cool huh? The "old ancient bullheads" that DIED is referring to are several (at least three) large bullheads that are often seen in the shallow end of the pond. I'm stoked to hear about the LMB as well. Seems like the predators are eating well. I'm kinda bummed to hear about the weeds.

DIED and I have been playing telephone tag so I haven't got the full scoop from him yet. Hopefully we can catch up on Monday.

Sorry no photos but at least it is a 2010 pond fishing story.

And thank you once again DIED and DWIED! JWHAP and I are truly blessed to be able to enjoy your friendship.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)