I subscribed to the magazine because of the forum. It took me awhile before I subscribed too. Had the forum not been free, I would have moved on to another forum that was and I wouldn't be a subscriber, nor would I have purchased a book.

There seems to be a fair amount of Pondboss Magazine and book promotion within the forum and other pond related forums I’ve come across. This time of promotion is more valuable than any that can be purchased.

I probably won't pay for a magazine unless I'm getting a hard copy. Maybe I'm old fashioned but I feel the same way about books, music, and movies. Technology is changing though and it may be a good option for those who like it and wish to save some paper. IMO, virtual material must be a substantial discount to real…roughly 75% to be considered.

I will not pay to be a forum member. I think it would be good to give limited forum access to people who are not signed in as members. If someone is already signed in, they may be more willing to contribute to the forum and this would give the magazine a database of potential subscribers.

Additions and extras to what is free now would justify a fee.

Podcasts and videos are a little different. I’m aware that shows have been broadcast featuring Bob Lusk but do not wish to subscribe to those channels monthly for only 1 airing.

Posting pictures isn’t a big deal IMO. I’ll probably continue doing it as I have been even if another option is added.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." Stephen W. Hawking