Originally Posted By: CoachB
Check out around Muskegon. My brother lives there and we go all the time. Salmon in the morning, pike and bass during the day, salmon again in the evening and walleye to finish off the evening.

MKG and north to the Dolly Parton's, and still further has been productive. Our center was Whitehall for the charter boat. Ran it out of MKG and Grand Haven also. Too many boats pulling iron in GH, then they cut you off and then it takes you a half mile to turn around watching what is down, then some Cigarette or sailboat comes along not watching

I think it only took three trips out dealing with that mess that we pulled the plug on GH.

Only tangles we ever had were in GH. And we usually ran two planer boards, two DD's attached to dr and four independent dr's at various levels.

Largest King (Chinook) was 38lb and that was taken by a gal on a Womans bowling league we took out. We were one of five boats, 20 gals, we had four. Headed North and Out of Whitehall. One gal was really queasy on the ride out, and then some. Once "Fish ON", the symptoms went away. She got two, as well as our other guest's aboard. We won by sheer numbers, because we limited and had to return.

We were sipping some CptMgn and munching deep fried stuff for a while at the Crosswinds, while we waited for the others to return.

Our camp was really happy that night. But get into another 16 gal ... Not for me!

Hey, I only drive the boat.

Last edited by JKB; 02/09/10 11:42 PM.