3/4 acre BOW
10-12 Max depth
Might experience some agricultural runoff, not sure but water might be on the slightly more turbid side - still dry pond at this point - he is willing to add catch ponds to help prevent muddy runoff.
Mainly shaded - lots of mature timber around the pond

He wanted a LMB/BG/CC pond...innocent enough and easily established.

He started talking to me.

He started reading PB SMB threads.

He started changing his mind.

He figures he can ALWAYS catch all the BG and LMB he wants minutes from his house, but how many BOWs in Eastern NE have SMB, YP, HSB, Male BG and RES? Only two other ponds I know of. Besides, he can always revert to a LMB fishery if the experiment doesn't yield the results he desires.

Wants to know feasibility of going this route considering his pond situation.

Should he seek more depth in the pond than 10-12'?
No electricity, but will have windmill aerator - will this help the [YP/SMB] survive as they are more sensitive to water quality?
Might have slight turbidity - will this effect these species negatively?
Any other issues he should consider? I've been primarily concerned with water quality issues thinking the YP and SMB might need something better.

Any advice would be appreciated...I love the fact he's considering going the more exotic route, but I want to provide him with as much advice as possible prior to him making the commitment.

Thanks all!

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]