Keep in mind their conclusion (seems, feasible, temperate climate, one production cycle):

"Based on the results of this study, it seems feasible to maintain tilapia/bass ratios
for one production cycle in a temperate climate."

Now here is my two cents, and that's being generous.

Tilapia are a very useful tool in pond/bass management. They provide not only a great food base that reproduces quickly but also reduces the
stress on other forage in the pond. But even in this study it was not the only source of food (minnows, crawfish, pellets) not to mention
canabilism of other bass.

I didn't and wouldn't reccomend that heavy of a stocking if you think they might overwinter.

Being conservative and cheap I only stocked 100
6"-8" in my 25ac pond that was heavily stocked with 1-2.5lb lmb. 18 months later is when I had my die off and there were thousands on the shores.
Like others mentioned they were only big ones, 8"
and larger. Doing my best Dr. Quincy M.E. on caught lmb, tilapia were found in about 80% of them.

I went out today and little tilapia were everywhere. Again I only have put 123 total in my large pond.

I have stocked only 20 tilapia with no predators in a pond this years so I can see what their reproduction rate is.

The year after my initial stocking of tilapia the average RW of my lmb went up .75lbs/lmb.

Hope this helps or raises other questions.