Originally Posted By: CJBS2003
 Originally Posted By: Omaha
Wait, what's this? I've been following this thread and am confused I think. What do you mean by "Bull"?

Bull minnow, is a species of killifish native to the salt marshes of the gulf coast. Or at least that is the fish most commonly given that common name... Mummichog along the east coast are sometimes given that name as well. However, banded killifish, a related relative to both fish is also given that name. Since it is a strictly fresh to slightly brackish water fish, I am sure that is the species being referred to here. Banded killifish are an excellent pond forage fish, sourcing them is the only problem.

I don't know the origin of the "Bull minnow", but it is marketed as a resilient minnow which will borrow in the mud when being pursued by predators. Also referred to as a "Mud Minnow". Also said to be a fast swimmer and a good minnow to eat mosquito larvae. Which is a good thing in Michigan. Mature size is 3-4 inches, which should be a good size for bass food. I will start with a couple of hundred and see what happens.