Travis -- you must just be living right to have this weekend off. I sat down for a few minutes and watched the end of the Channel 4 news about 6:30. The snow hadn't even started and they were crashing into each other between the Mixing Bowl and Dale City. Although, maybe they were doing that because you weren't there to watch over them.

Todd -- I think you'll get your wish. The kids should really enjoy it. If I hadn't been so busy trying to get ready for this thing, I should have picked up the grandkids, as we've got lots better sledding here than where they live.

Getting ready has been a bummer. I went to put the blade on the tractor, and the three point hitch was leaking fluid like crazy. Luckily, it was just a loose fitting -- but in a near impossible place to tighten. Now the light bar lights won't come on. It looks like water got into the switch and froze. I just got in from getting the snow blower working. It hadn't been run in over three years. Even though I had run the gas out of it when I last put it away, there must have still been some in the carburetor. I had to take it all apart and clean it before it would run.

Oh well, now I'm set. It can snow all it wants -- just not so much that I can't get down to the barn tomorrow to get the deer butchered. Sounds like some of us could get more than 20 inches. Its down to 24 degrees here.

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!