Originally Posted By: kurt
What will I do all winter long?????

Sorry to hear about your trial and tribulations Kurt. Battling a local zoning/building department is no fun (been there, done that). Here's what I suggest you do with your winter.

1. If your county has all of the relevant zoning ordinances on line then down load and read them over and over. If not go to the office and obtain a copy of them. Determine exactly what the ordinance says and look for any exemption and/or appeals process.

2. If you can, get statements from your neighbors stating that they have no objection to this additional driveway.

3. Attempt to find out if your county has granted any variance to this regulation in the past and what the circumstances for the exemption was (our county has the minutes on line, I read all of the minutes of county meetings and found evidence that they had granted several variances to the issue that arose at my property).

4. Find legal council that specializes in this area of the law and pay for a consultation. This does not mean that you are going to litigate, it just will provide you with additional information.

Just a few rambling thoughts.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)