The pond is about 3/4 A. Not a lot of fertilizer run off, maybe some from the garden but otherwise I dont fertilize the grass. I would guess the birds droppings around the roost amout to a good cupfull a day.

I did not do any extra fertilizing last year just the extra nutriants from the fish food. The ponds seemed good to me, not to much algea or extra weed growth, fish of all sizes seemed good.

One fact I can say about the Albino Cats( not really to do with fertilizer). I have what I considered a lot of them and there getting big, pushing 7 -10 lbs so I caught a few and took them out for food. To my surprize there was ONLY greens in all there bellys, no fish, and no feed which I knew because they dont come up for the feed. All green mossy stuff. So the rest got a pass. I like them even more now that I know there not eating everything in sight. The other monster cats which I believe are Blue channels, there not normal channels there mouths are differnt. I have 3 big ones about 15 lbs or more pounds, they on the otherhand eat sunfish as big as 6 inches maybe bigger. At least one is coming out in the spring.

Last edited by Joey; 12/12/09 10:51 AM.

Joey