Originally Posted By: eddie_walker
Very impressive. You're framing skills are excellent. Some of those cuts are pretty complicated, and it looks like you got them in perfectly.

Oh yeah....and a couple more details related thereof.
I did cheat a little bit on the shorter rafter tails at the shed dormers. Knowing that I had to cut over 50 of them, I laid out some Rube Goldberg jigs in the basement at home and used the radial arm and band saws to run them production style. I took the completed set to the job in the back of the truck.

-
-
This one might have proved out to be the most valuable.
I can use, and understand, the rafter square for rafter layouts, but it's a process for me. Instead, I searched the www to find a rafter program. Of course, it had to be a freebie, so my search results were very limited in scope and ability. Then I found easyrafters.com They offer a 30 day n/c trial, and you do not have to give up a credit card. It was the only program that I could find that was not only free (somewhat), but comprehensive in it's ability to do just about any type of roof (including gambrel) and was relatively easy to use and understand.
If I were a carpenter and I was going to be doing more than 1 roof, I would pay this guy for this program. It rocks.