Quote:
How big are your locusts, TJ? I've got a ton too, that have grown up in old pasture that we're reclaiming. We just pull the ones up to about 4" diameter with a chain and tractor-they come out roots and all, if the ground is moist. Makes a heck of a bonfire when they're dried out.
How big are your locusts, TJ? I've got a ton too, that have grown up in old pasture that we're reclaiming. We just pull the ones up to about 4" diameter with a chain and tractor-they come out roots and all, if the ground is moist. Makes a heck of a bonfire when they're dried out.

Not get off thread, but please believe me when I say pulling, pushing, cutting or anything else justs makes Locust very mad!! Either basal Remedy/diesel at 25%Remedy or Surmount with Inergy as a surfactant as a foilar application should be done first. Yolk Sac, I'd be very interested in your reporting back next spring as to how many Locusts suckers have come up. Maybe Locusts react different in other parts of the country. But in Texas, there will be 30-40 suckers 2-3 feet high with 2" thorns by June for every mature tree felled...du