Originally Posted By: Brettski
I was under the impression that it was manufactured with the same impervious glues that Advantech uses. No?

Different climates, different types of homes and I'm sure quality of builders will all come up with different results. When Hardi first came out, there was allot of resistance to it. I for one refused to use it and only wanted cedar or PT wood. Obviously, I've changed my mind on it and now consider it the very best product available for what it is. Rock and brick are still better, but Hardi is cheaper to buy, cheaper to install and it looks great. For mid range homes, out buildings, additions and accent, it's the best product out there.

The question you have to deal with is how well with the smartside hold up, and to what degree of maintenance are you willing to put into it for the cost savings of using it instead of Hardi?

For the amount of money that you will be spendng on siding, it's worth a few hours time to go talk to some builders and suppliers which is better and why it's better. Reading what the manufacturer says is a good start, but in reality, they are only going to write what some marketing expert has come up with to sell the product. Reality and marketing are often two differnt things.

Good luck,
Eddie

Lake Marabou http://www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=139488&fpart=1

It's not how many ideas you have, but how many you make happen.

3/4 and 4 acre ponds.