Those Clorox, detergent, paint thinner, and orange juice jugs are starting to spoil the view. Six cages now in the big pond. Two cages of YOY Bardello bluegills, one cage of yearling Bardello bluegills, one cage for large Condello bluegills that were in the holding pond and will have to be sexed again in the spring(I'm pretty sure I could sex them now but don't want to take a chance), one cage with large male yellow perch and some big females that were in the holding pond and can be sexed in the spring, and one cage with 1 + year old perch that will have to be sexed in the spring and females released into the pond.

I may have to invest in some professional looking floats.

For those of you that wonder why I have so many cages it's because I'm crazy. \:\/

Seriously the pond is supposed to be an all male bluegill and all female yellow perch pond, as it's the male bluegills that allegedly get the largest as do the female yellow perch. I have other ponds where I produce the fish, so this keeps the pond open for trophy fish production only, via pellet feeding and the tens of thousands of fatheads that reproduce prolifically in the pond. In the mean time the fish that have not been sexed or of the sex that are not to be in the pond due to unwanted reproduction are in cages.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 10/27/09 09:38 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.