Here's the new "out West" hunting rig. It will reach out a bit farther than my Weatherby if needed, and I felt that the .257 Wby was a little light for Elk hunting. This one shoots a 175g 7mm bullet @ 3450, or a 200g 7mm bullet at 3300. The 200g bullet has a bc of .9, so the reach is a bit longer even tho the MV is slower.

It's not 100% finished yet, I still have to send the stock out for a camo dip. I need to shoot it a bit more to see if I need an adjustable cheekpiece. As it sits now, I think my cheek weld isn't as firm as it should be. The group sizes will tell for sure. I've only run 3 rounds down the tube so far, and still have to load to get the barrel broken in. I was able to hit a 8"-10" rock on the 3rd shot @ 1050 yds tho. More practice and load fine tuning is needed!

I need to check to see when duck season opens here. I kicked up close to 200 wood ducks from the back of the pond yesterday. Amazing! I've never seen so many woodies together at one time.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).