Thanks Guys that’s what I thought around the fatheads but nice to hear from someone else as well. My supplier has 1-2" perch for me to put in right away and the same size for the SMB. I think I will put off the SMB till next year as per your suggestion. I think overall I have a good amount of fatheads for my size pond. I put in about 7 # overall throughout the year thus far and have seen many spawns so far as well. I have some deep structure but have many pallets and rocks in 6 - 12" for them to spawn on as well and the grass around the shore is starting to really take hold and provide some structure, There are also some roots that go into the pond ( dug pond )and they seem to like them as well.

My supplier wanted me to put in about 500 perch and 500 SMB. From what I gathered here I think that’s way too much for my small little pond. I was thinking more in the range of 100 perch and 50 bass in the 1 - 2 inch range is more appropriate. But if I hold back on the bass till next year would I want more because the perch might be snacking on them as well?

Ahhh the more you learn the more you realize you know squat. Thanks for the ideas and reassurance!!

---------------------------------
1/10 - 1/4 acre pond plus 16 ft deep/ Plus 40 ft by 20 ft by 6 ft deep koi and fathead minnow pond next to it. Upstate NY