I think metal roofing might be a bit cheaper than traditional 3-tab shingles, and most likely less than dimensional shingles. The reason I say this is when I was down in Tenn a few years ago I noticed a whole lot of houses with new shingle roofs and new metal roofs. The owner of the lodge I was staying at said that they had a bad hail storm earlier in the year and the people with steel roofs didn't have insurance......

I'm with Bretttski, the front of the house is unbalanced. Also, how often will the wood siding need to be refinished? I'm looking into faux fieldstone to cover my fireplace (outside) because I'm re-siding the house now. I was told that the best stuff was what Menards carries. It's made in Wisconsin. I was under the impression that it was already on a backer, but upon further research, it's individual pieces that have to be set like real stone (mesh & mortar). On sale it's $444.00/square. Anybody know if they make something similar (field stone looking) but on a backer?

It's 2 story fireplace, I figured that I need a square and a half.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).