New to the board. Hello!

I have always wanted to have my own pond/lake that I could grow some monster bass in. Never thought it would be affordable but if I can do it on the cheap I just my get my dream. Looked into dozer rental and how long it would take to dig and I was pleasantly surprised that I might be able to afford this next year.

My questions for now are:
1. How much does it cost to get a consultant to just look at a site and tell you if your idea will "hold water"?

2. The site I have available is between two creeks. One small one large in Jefferson Co. Mississipp above Natchez. One of the creeks on the border of my land has a cliff and drops down about 30 feet to the creek bottom. The other creek which would be on the other side of the pond is much smaller and you have to go down about 8-10 feet to get to the creek bed.

Soil is loessal soil which is highly erodible. Alder Silt Loam - 12-27% clay.

What I am wondering is although there or other excavater ponds in the general area that have water I am worried that the water table might be lower where my site would be since the pond is so close to the creeks. Obviously the table with is suppose to be 73 centimeters or less dips near the creeks. How far away from the creeks will dip extend?

Trying to keep it short and I can give more details

I can post pics and stuff if you want.