If you are interested in getting PK established in your ponds I wanted to share some critical advice Mr. Lusk shared with me while visiting my ponds a couple weeks ago:

If your ponds are sparce or lacking aquatic vegetation secure bales of hay in various [he suggested four] places in shallow water and release equal portions of your shrimp in close proximity to the bales. Bob indicated the hay not only serves as habitat/cover, but also as a forage source.

I have stocked over 1000 PK in my ponds but have been unable to determine whether they have established themselves - primarily due to a lack of time for sampling. I have millions of FHM and I beleive they serve as preferred forage as of now, so I am hopeful the shrimp have evaded predation and are present and multiplying. However, my aquatic vegetation was sparce at the time of stocking and I had not received Bob's advice regarding the bales until recently - so I'm uncertain where I now stand.

I wish I had more information to relate in terms of my stocking success. I do know for certain these guys survive NE water temp extremes, are resilient[less than 1% mort shipped to Lincoln from Brady, NE], and are perfect size forage for BG, YP, RES, etc.

My only part in this is to help coordinate shipments across the US for my forum family - and I DO receive free shipping if I place an order - but do not in any manner profit, nor do I want to, in this transaction. Pricing is contingent on qty of order, so if you're feeling shrimpy please let me/Walt know and we can get rolling.

TJ

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]