Well I've been avoiding this for the past couple of weeks but here it is. It is with a heavy heart that I must report that Ricki and I will not be able to attend this year's conference.

We both were so looking forward to going, the location is so beautiful, the knowledge gained is ever so needed, and the camaraderie just cannot be equaled.

Not to bore you with details but because of unforeseen expenses related Ricki's father's illness attending the conference is just not in the budget this year. My excitement at the prospect of attending another conference was heartfelt and, had circumstances been different this year, we would have joined you all in September. In difficult times family supports family, both spiritually and financially, and lord knows we have endured some difficult times this year.

I will miss seeing all of you tremendously. I pride myself in being a man of my word and am ashamed at breaking my commitment, however this tragic turn of events was unavoidable. I apologize to all for committing to going to the conference and then backing out on my commitment.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)