According to my old squaw, I never throw anything away and am sometimes careless about my appearance. Those white shoes had been laying around in the back of my pickup for some time. It could be that his visibility was a little bit better due to the slightly faded condition of the shoes.

Walt, my experience is only in Texas and we just don't have much of a problem (never seen one) with stunted BG's. With bass, they don't get a chance to stunt and we soon have stunted bass due to the abundance of food and overeating it. If there are no bass, a DO crash usually corrects the overpopulation problems in smaller ponds. I get one every year on a small forage pond and it is about due.

I have heard about the stocking of bass a year before stocking BG but never done it. What kind of forage do you stock with the bass?

Last edited by Dave Davidson1; 07/21/09 08:26 AM.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP