Howdy, eyedoc, and welcome to the forum!!

As you can see, those green sunfish really get everyone stirred up. I've been proposing that we ban green sunfish altogether, which would prevent misunderstandings such as that which occurred above, but these moderators just won't listen to me.

In all seriousness, the greenies probably do not pose any serious threat to your pond, and will be dissipated by other fish by both depredation and spawning competition fairly quickly. In one of the ponds near me, an overpopulation of GSF corrected itself with the addition of BG even without a top notch predator; they just don't usually compete very well. My experience is obviously a little different from Dave's above.

Walt is correct in that the fastest way to fish the situation would probably be to add some LMB of a size that would knock out a lot of the small GSF-I doubt it would take very long, might even be done before the year is out.

Again, welcome to the forum, but next time, please try to post about something less controversial than GSF, why don't you try politics or religion?

Last edited by Yolk Sac; 07/19/09 09:13 PM. Reason: See what I mean? Those GSF are always getting me in trouble, too. Sorry Theo.