I respectfully disagree Walt. You need to keep in mind that most of the fisheries recommendations you find assume that the pond owners don't take an active role in fish management. They can give good advice for initial stocking numbers that will create a balanced fishery with little or no managent based on the theory that the forage will be established by the time the predators mature enough to start feeding on that forage. If it were me, I would definitely establish my forage first. If you stock FHM and let them reproduce for a year you will get a huge return on that investment. The following year I would stock 12 to 14 inch bass after the first bluegill spawn. I think you may be surprised just how much a LMB will eat when food is readily available. I don't worry so much about bluegill overpopulation. That is easily remedied with fishing. It's not very difficult to catch and remove a few hundred bluegill in a weekend if you take the time. It is something you will need to stay on top of. Take creel surveys often to determine the health of your bluegill. If they become stunted, keep harvesting. If you want some trophy bluegill, throw the biggest ones (9" or more) back and harvest the 5" to 9". Keep the small ones for the LMB. It just takes a little active participation. I think this method will definitely jump start the LMB. Don't get me started on state fish & game agencies or University programs. I'm not making a blanket statement, but I can't tell you how much bad advice of gotten from the so called experts. I can tell you without reservations that if you are looking for the best recommendations and information from people who really know their stuff, it's right here in this forum.