hi otto--i priced special kitty and it is app. 1/2 the price of the bentonite i bought from a well company last year so i may try a combination of special kitty (SK) and db100 if i can determine it is actually 95% bentonite (it wasn't on bag i looked at--2.78/25lb in ga) --i don't particularly like the idea of having super slick pond dam walls --for sure i need to formulate a plan and get materials lined up by mid-aug. as my spring usually starts running good in oct/nov.-- my thoughts are that i'd be best served to tie my efforts in with the 2' of clay i already put in pond bottom and work on the face side of the dam although it's steep in places --i am thinking about digging out a "mini-core" trench with a back hoe or trencher and mixing SK/my soil and treating it with db100 as i put it back in the trench--then till or rake in sk+db200 on face of dam and lastly spray db 100 over juncture of 2'clay and my new effort and up possible 2 to 3' on face of dam. how's that sound? i would welcome any suggestions---i see at the beginning of this thread someone compared bentonite with SK and priced it also.

Last edited by ga pond rookie; 07/18/09 08:32 AM.