Its time for an update, for me as much as anyone so I can have an e-journal of my pond if you will.

Today I went to the pond to deposit my new bass from Overton! They were in great shape and went in fine. I purchased them at 2inch and 100 Fla and 100 F'1 in the 5 acres that is currently at full pool. As I released them several feet out I noticed schools of minnows and I captured some and they were to small to identify, but probably FHM. I knew there were some fry but now after today I am confident there are literally millions fry the right size for my new bass to eat. So this prompted me to come back later with my cast net. I caught 4 massive CNBG and 2 pot belly RES on MY FIST CAST, excited does not say enough. I did not have my camera but you can bet next time I will take pics and weigh them to see how they are doing. Hopefully tomorrow.

On my next few casts I discovered some adult FHM which I did not know got anywhere close to that big one was 5 inches. I also caught a good size golden shiner and some small bullhead fry. the bullhead fry were two inches also, maybe my bass will outgrow the bullhead and then eat them. The bullheads did not go back, I have never seen them that small it was something else.

The discovery of the bullheads made me take a closer look at this mud hole of a pond I speak of in previous posts. I cast in it several times and came up with some real nice golden shiners about 6 inch or better, some either small BG or CNBG, one green sun fish, several large FHM one small RES, a crayfish, a bullhead fry, and many gams.

So this raises some questions, this pond had CNBG, golden shiners, and FHM, all fish that I stocked. So did mine run upstream to this small pond or were they already in it for years and waiting for the chance to go downstream with the recent rains to my bigger pond? maybe both?

next if my neighbor will let me should I seine the small pond when they are no longer connected and get the usefull fish and take them to my pond or by now would they just be a drop in the bucket?

All in all I learned alot about my pond and fish today. I hope to get pics of these CNBG and RES because I feel they are in great condition for never being fed or managed to be that big.

Also what % of orgional stockers are same size as the ones I caught? Time will tell, but my plans are coming together and im about to jump through myself.

Get out and fish.