This is probably one of the most-debated issues on this, or any other fish related forum. And while I am too new at this to have my opinion carry much weight, let me state my reasons for choosing this fish. Actually, HBG were not my first choice. Initially, I wanted CNBG, but I believe they do not do well in my part of the country. (Indiana). I've seen how native Bg and RES do in my ponds, which is very well,but I wanted to try something different. I want big fish. Really big fish. And while I very well could of achieved that by feeding out native BG, I didn't want the prolific reproduction of which we're all familiar with. That procedure requires much more of a "balanced" effort, with an adequate number of predator species to control reproduction. And yes, I do have LMB in my HBG pond. But I don't have the worry of wondering if the Bass are keeping up with the reproduction, or if the BG are getting too crowded, should I fish out the BG, or add more LMB? No problem here, I feel certain that stunted, or undesirable outbreeding won't be an issue. That lets me concentrate on one thing. Growing big fish. Of course I still have to provide good quality food and acceptable water quality, but that's the same with any fish. Which brings me back to the "balanced Pond" scenario. With HBG it's just not as critical IN MY SITUATION, as it would be with native BG. I don't require a self-sustaining population, I will control, (mostly) the HBG numbers by adding new fish and removing, (harvesting), those large enough to come out. I think this is where a lot of folks get into trouble. You have to use HBG in the right situations. Again, I'm new at this and may be way off base, but that's my approach.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.