Sunil Congratulations and God Bless you!

Oh boy, dogs have to be my MOST favorite subject. Keeping them healthy is what I do for a living. Rescue dogs are very near and dear to my heart and I cannot commend you enough for taking in a couple of throw away's. They always make the best pets. Thank you for opening your heart and home to these precious pups. I've been active in dog rescue for years and I am now on foster dog number 70! Yep, 70! I failed at fostering five times and now have a house full. But in all honesty I would not have it any other way.

Reading all these posts made me smile. What fun you are going to have! As I see that you have an aversion to the Voo Doo I've got a couple of tips for you on that subject and more.

#1. You can ALWAYS tell the quality of the food you are feeding by the size of the "used dog food" in your yard. If you have huge cow-pie poops that stink, then the food is mostly grains and filler and you are paying for the poop. Think about what corn looks like on the other end when we eat it. It digests even less in dogs... If you wouldn't feed steak to a horse, why on earth would you give your dog a bowl of cereal?

#2. If you feed a higher quality grain free food or even a natural raw diet you will have VERY tiny poops that turn white in a day or so and do not stink. They will also dissolve with rain and even with six large dogs, I never have to pooper scoop.

#3. Dogs are carnivores and require QUALITY proteins. If you feed a better food you actually have fewer vet bills and your dog enjoys a longer and healthier life. Most of the foods at the supermarket and petsmart are garbage. There's a good article to help you decipher it all here. Another to help you understand the true nutritional needs of dogs and cats here.

#4. Yearly vaccinations are a thing of the past and should NOT be given. Do you get vaccinated every year? Of course not and neither should your dogs. Vaccines are linked to all manner of autoimmune diseases and cancers find out more here.

I've studied companion animal nutrition for the last 7 years. If you or anyone on this forum ever needs help please don't hesitate to ask. I've helped to design diets for dogs with cancer, liver/kidney disease, diabetes and many other conditions. Always free of charge. It's my gift to these wonderful creatures who we are lucky enough to have in our lives. The website in my profile has all my contact info, please feel free to holler if you need help.

My absolute favorite quote;

"There is a cycle of love and death that shapes the lives of those who chose to travel in the company of animals. It is a cycle unlike any other.

To those who have never lived through its turnings or walked its rocky path, our willingness to give our hearts with full knowledge that they will be broken seems incomprehensible.

Only we know how small a price we pay for what we receive; our grief, no matter how powerful it may be, is an insufficient measure of the joy we have been given." (Clothier)

Congrats again and if you will PM me with your address I'll send you and your pups a "Welcome Home" care package. I've got all kinds of goodies at the shop. They will love their Auntie Anna! ;\)

Last edited by Anna; 06/09/09 08:18 PM.

If it's not fit for you to eat, what makes you think it's good for your dog?

AHAHM