James, I agree with all of the great advice given here but have some mixed emotions. I don't give advice on how somebody else raises their kids. For safetys sake alone, sell the darn things. I've watched your boys grow from runts to one being an adolescent and have enjoyed the pics. I would like to keep on doing that.

On the other hand, you once posted that winter survival in your part of the world is not a sure thing. One mistake can be fatal. You just can't remove all of the risks associated with growing up and learning to not pee on an electric fence. I don't have the answers and when I think I do, somebody changes the questions.

Boys are like dogs. One boy is generally OK. Get a bunch together and there is going to be mischief.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP