I spent last Thursday thru Monday at my farm where my lake is located (Southern Illinois). On Friday morning I sprayed the algae and primrose with the chemicals I purchased from Herman Brothers. On Saturday, the primrose was already turning brown.

On 3 of those days, we tried fishing with crickets, meal worms and corn and did not catch any Georgia Giants. The only thing we caught were a few small BG and CC. We did catch bass on rooster tails and jigs. I did locate a 100 foot long seine and next time at the farm we are going to seine a portion of the lake.

I am feeding at 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. as Nate suggested and I was pleasantly surprised to see the BG eating the feed. I did not notice any other fish other than BG. They seem to be eating all the feed the feeder dispenses each time and at other times throughout the day, I would throw out handfuls of feed and they would eat it also. Should I feed more than twice per day if they are still hungry?

Also, I reinstalled the bug lights which at night cripple the bugs onto the water surface. There were mayflies and other bugs falling to the surface, but I did not notice any of the crippled bugs being eaten. I also noticed near dusk the BG seemed to stop eating the feed. So, I guess my question is will BG, LB and/or CC feed on the crippled bugs on the surface at night? If so, why aren’t they eating the crippled bugs? Are the bug lights a gimmick or do they work?

I walked the entire perimeter of the lake and did not notice any spawning activity at all (no LB, BG or Georgia Giants).

I do have a large population of mature bullfrogs. Does that mean anything for the fish?